The Statewide Firearms “G” Course will teach students firearms safety, the principles of marksmanship, firearms mechanics and liability. Skill development shall include marksmanship fundamentals, loading and unloading, the 4-step draw and clearing malfunctions. All course materials will be in compliance with Florida Statutes 493 and Florida Administrative Code legal guidelines 5n-1.
The certificate of completion for successfully completing this course will be submitted along with the Department of Agriculture, Division of Licensing’s, Statewide Firearms “G” License Application. When the student receives the Class “G” Security License he or she will then be able to work security or as a private investigator in an armed capacity.
Statewide Firearms G Course Outline
Chapter 493, 775, 776, 790 Florida Statutes and
Chapter 5N-1, Florida Administrative Code
Legal issues: Liability
Items required for all classes are as follows:
- Bring a notepad, pen & highlighter for course notes
- No ammunition allowed in classroom, RANGE ONLY!
- No open shoes. Sneakers or boots only
- Long pants with strong belt – (i.e. jeans, duty or tactical pants) – *NO SHORTS OR SWEAT PANTS ALLOWED*
- Crew neck t-shirt, dress or polo shirt – *NO TANK TOPS OR LOW CUT SHIRTS ALLOWED*
- If you wear glasses please bring them to class
- Firearm (Available for rent $10)
- 150 rounds of ammunition (RANGE DAY ONLY)
- If you bring your own firearm you MUST have a min. of 3x Magazines (Semi-Auto) or 3x 6 Round Speedloaders (Revolver)