5 Home Security Tips for the Holidays
- December 22, 2015
- Posted by: Moise Louissaint
- Category: Misc. Security
When it comes to the holiday season, every home owner has one major concern on their mind. Is my home safe? This is a very legitimate concern to have, but not only around this time of the year. You should be mindful of your homes, and families security year round. Here are a few helpful home security tips and tricks that should aid in giving you some peace of mind.
- When ever you leave your home, even if it’s just to go to the neighbors house; always lock your doors. This day and age your home can be vulnerable any time of the day. In addition to locking your doors and windows, it is advisable to consider installing deadbolts on any door accessible to the outside.
- Look at your home from a burglars point of view. Walk the perimeter of your home with the mindset of finding any possible way you could get into your house without a key. This is a handy way of performing a simple security threat assessment on your property. Because if you can figure out a way into your home without a key, so can a burglar.
- If you have sliding doors installed on the backside of your house for instance, leaving them unprotected is only asking for trouble. Use a stick, or something else sturdy, that can easily be set in the tracks of the door preventing it from opening.
- The home security system is always a time honored tradition. With improvements in home security systems over the years, there are many new options available to new and long-time home owners. You can even find yourself a system that will allow you to monitor your home remotely, from computers, and most mobile devices. This is a great, and affordable solution to keep your home safe.
- When if comes to home security, one of the most efficient methods comes in the form of “man’s best friend.” Families that have a dog are less likely to have a burglar enter their home, because the dog will more than likely scare them off.
Whichever method you chose to adopt, you should never slack on your Miami home security. The best gift you can give your family is the gift of protection. After all, they are the most important things to you, and they should be treated as such.