Top 3 Ways To Protect Your Special Event
- January 22, 2017
- Posted by: Moise Louissaint
- Category: VIP Security News
All you need to do is turn on the television for a few minutes or surf the web to find a news story about violence at some public event or another. No city or even town is safe from it anymore, sadly. Even office Christmas parties and movie premiers have become killing fields for the sick and twisted minority that exist in all parts of society today. As the old saying goes, now more than ever, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. You can’t go back and undo damage once it is done, but with the proper planning and precautionary measures, you can prevent bad things from happening at your next event.
Sadly security is an issue anyone planning any kind of public event must consider in this day and age, and not just any security will work. Often these disturbing acts of violence take place in areas that have on site security, but it is the wrong type of security. It is security trained to work a 40 hour week and monitor daily business activities, not crowds and the unique potential threats they bring with them today. Any event with any type of crowd, be it a private or public crowd, requires skilled, experienced security in this day and age, like it or not. You have to protect people that will attend your event, plus you have to protect the property where the event will be held.
There are 3 ways to protect your event that are effective and certainly worth the time and effort.
- Hire a special event security company that specializes in event security of all kinds. You don’t want any old security guards protecting the welfare of your people and your property; you want skilled, trained professionals who understand the nuances of event security and crowd control. You want a security firm that provides armed security that knows what they are doing, and who have protected crowds of all types and sizes.
- Install a security center. Don’t just rely on armed guards; they need a brain center to work from. They will be dealing with entrances, exits, dark corners of the building, people coming and going. They will need a control center where video surveillance can be monitored and information can be quickly relayed to the armed guards on the ground.
- Don’t wait until the last minute to call in a skilled, experienced security firm. Let the armed guards get on the grounds a few days before your event so they can get a feel for the area they are protecting and so they can scope out and isolate potential trouble spots. A few days familiarity for your security detail can mean a world of difference.
If you need a security firm in Miami, South Beach, or anywhere in Florida or the US, contact Fast Guard Service, the premier event security specialists in the United States.
Fast Guard Service
12355 W Dixie Hwy
Miami, FL 33161 USA